30 November - FFI Event: CSDDD and the role of financial institutions: the case of Glencore in Colombia and Peru
European institutions are currently negotiating the final legislative text for the Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence Directive (CSDDD). As trilogue negotiations enter a crucial stage, it is imperative that the financial sector is included in the scope of the law.
This public event aims to shed light on the current state of play in trilogue negotiations and emphasizes the role of the financial sector in human rights and environmental due diligence by highlighting the impact of mines owned by Glencore in Colombia and Peru.
13:00 – 13:05 Welcome - Silvia Ellena: EU Reporter
13:05 – 13:45 The case of Glencore
- Elsa Merma Ccahua, Platform of People Affected by Toxic Metals, Peru
- Jenny Ortiz, Researcher Cinep, Colombia
13:50 – 14:55 CSDDD and the financial sector
- René Repasi – MEP S&D and Rapporteur for the ECON Opinion on the CSDDD
- Nelleke Hoffs – Business & Human Rights Advisor, ABN AMRO
- Pepijn Gerrits – Director of Programs, Oxfam Novib
- Frank Wagemans - Senior Engagement Specialist, Achmea Investment Management
- Council Representative (tbc)
14:55 – 15:00: Closure – Kees Kodde: Project Lead Fair Finance International
- When: Thursday 30 November, 13:00 – 15:00 CET
- Where: Press Club Brussels Europe and online here
- Programme here.
- Register here.
This event is organized by Fair Finance International, Oxfam International, CIDSE, S&D, and the Justice is Everybody’s Business Campaign. Find out more about the organizations here.